Friday 2 October 2009

Blogpost Number 1 - The Mission

Having decided to get back into serious cycling after an absence of around 15 years, I thought it would be useful to share my experiences, goals, ambitions, lessons learned and maybe even some humour along the way.

Here are the things I intend to do:

  • Complete the 2010 London to Brighton charity bike ride
  • Complete the 2010 London to Southend charity bike ride
  • Improve my fitness level
  • Lose a few pounds
  • Have fun
  • Make some new friends
  • Explore the Essex countryside
  • Be considerate to other road users
  • Share any knowledge gained along the way
  • To do all of this on a sensible budget
  • To write about it on this blog
Here are the things I try not do:
  • Become a bike snob
  • Be judgemental of others
  • Ride in the rain, at night or when icy
  • Get run over and be squished by a 4x4
So feel free to pop back here every once in a while to see how I'm getting on, you are more than welcome to leave me comments on the blog, buy me a beer, or just say hello!

1 comment:

  1. Martin (mgblemonrider)19 November 2009 at 15:07

    Made me smile, like the bit about 4x4s. Squished is squished but I suppose it just adds insult.

    Similar aims to my self, but in Herts.

    ReplyDelete